Friday, July 17, 2009

Ulsan vs Vancouver



When I firstly went downtown for looking for BCIT, I thought that is so calm and simple compared with my hometown Ulsan's downtown. What are the differences between two city's downtown? Most clear difference is the noise. For instance, Ulsan's downtown is always noisy and deafening, because many shops and pubs use the big speakers with loud music to lure customers and get people's attention. But, Vancouver's downtown doesn't seem to use outdoor speakers to get attention, and so its downtown is less noisy. Next, Ulsan's downtown is very colorful due to the a lot of unorganized and awkward signboards, althought there is the law to regulate this distractive signboards. However, Vancouver's downtown is never colorful and unorganized. So, It would be monotonous, wheres we can see the natural looking of Vancouver's downtown. Finally, we can find our destination easily in Vancouver's, because this downtown was designed systematically. But, it is difficult to find out certain bars and shops in Ulsan's because of a quick development of the city. Therefore, The downtown of each city has a totally different characteristic which can be attraction or a defect.

1 comment:

  1. you talk about your hometown. I have never been to your home town actually, but I want to go there, because I heard there are lots of interesting things in your hometown! If I have a chance to go there, would you recommend good places for me?

    ReplyDelete