Monday, July 13, 2009

Davie street


Let me introduce a unique place to visit in Vancouver. That is Davie street which is a neighbourhood in the West End of Vancouver. It is the home of the city's gay subculture, and, as such, is often considered a gay village or 'gaybourhood'. And, This street can symbolize Canada's multicultural diversity. As you know, Canada is a multicultural country. Many different races are living in Canada. So, I assume that Canadian can easily acknowledge some differences each other. Canadian seems to get ready to accept the unlike sexual orientation, race and ability, of course, there would be exceptional person. You can see the macho guys who are embracing and kissing each other at the many corners of Davie street, but they don't mind peoples eyes. That would be interesting experience to visit there. But, don't strangely look at them kissing themselves. You need to find naturally, because we are stranger in this street.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good street ! I have been there twice, but I didn't feel I'm a stranger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard there is a surprising festival related to that. But, it is sad that I have to come back my country before the festival is held. If I have a chance to go Davie street, I want to see the celebration.

    ReplyDelete