Saturday, July 25, 2009

How to make Chapchae.


Chapchae is one of the most popular noodle dishes in Korea, and also seems to be the one that Westerners like best. The foundation of the dish is the mixture of noodles, soy sauce, garlic, and sesame oil. First, cook the noodles according to package directions. You must follow the directions. I suggest you not to boil too much. Second, heat vegetable (or olive) oil and 1 Tbsp sesame oil, and add onion slices and garlic for about 1 minute. Third, add rest of vegetables and cook for 4-5 minutes, until the vegetables are half-cooked and still a bit crispy. You need to prepare various vegetables for color combination such as broccoli, red peppers, mushrooms. Next, turn heat to low and add cooked noodles, meat (beef), soy sauce, sugar, and the remaining sesame oil. And then, mix to combine and cook for another 2 minutes. It is important that you need to stir constantly. Finally, add salt or more soy sauce if needed. If you need more looking tempting, you need to add sesame seeds. You will have cooked unique and exotic food when you follow this recipe.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Mark, I like Korean food very much. I think it is very dilicious. I want to try cook this one by your recipe. In my hometown, there is many Korean restaurants. So I always eat Korean food with my parents. Especially, I like Korean Barbecue. I hope you will introduce many Korean food recipes. Thank you for your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Fan. I like cooking Korean food. Especially, Korean Barbecue, also my favorite food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought it in T&T before. It's so dilicious. I learn how to cook from your blog and maybe someday i will cook it by myself~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss Korean food suddenly because of your post!! There are lots of food that I want to eat whe I back to korea! If you have time, could you make it for me??(hahahahahah)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so bothersome to make it, as you know. kkk

    ReplyDelete