Monday, August 3, 2009

The great summer


People feel frustrated when something is going to be different than what they expect. These days, I'm deeply embarrassed by Vancouver's curious weather. Vancouver's summer temperature broke the record a couple of days ago since recorded for July 30th of 29.4, set in 1965. I had thought that Vancouver's summer is cool without sticky moisture compared with Korean's sticky summer before I suffered severe heat in Vancouver. I couldn't sleep very well for several days. It was nevertheless cool at night. Because my room gets much sunshine in the daytime, the high temperature in my room remains steady at night as well. I've fallen asleep while fanning myself. I've needed a fan to sleep like a dog, but I couldn't get it. Unfortunately, a fan was unavailable in many shops. It sounds ridiculous, but it's true. Many Vancouverites should have been frustrated with this uncommon situation too. Therefore, I've decided to endure the difficult situation without a fan. I will enjoy this rare Vancouver's summer that would be remembered as the great summer.

5 comments:

  1. Last summer, I have lived in Vancouver. The temperatures of this summer and last summer differ. This summer is really hot, but I don't like the ice cream in Vancouver. Almost the ice cream is very sweet. However, I think your ice cream is very delicious. In addition, I bougt a small fan on last wednesday. I looked for the fan many stores in the crystal mall, so they have sold all the fans. Finally I just bought a small fan in crystal mall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, this is Helen. How is going? I am in Korea now. It is very hot here but there will be storm in Korea. I hope it would not be harsh. Also, I want you to overcome the strange weather in Vancouver. Fighting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI. Gahee... how about your feeling now. have you had jet lag?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fan..Could you buy the fan? Fan bought a fan. Sounds funny. isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your reply.. I want to know your e-mail address. I am in Daejeon now, and I will go to my hometown today to study and exersice. ㅋㅋㅋ I want you to get good results fron BCIT. BYE

    ReplyDelete